Sunday, February 10, 2013

Long time no see!

It seems like it's been forever since I've posted and honestly this blog has always been on the back of my mind but realistically a couple of things happened on the last 6 months that have put a real hinder on my little project.

First of all I moved to Japan! Obviously the move itself was hectic and stressful but on top of that with an 8 month baby and suddenly without the help of my parents was almost a logistic nightmare. I'm glad I made it without too many breakdowns.

Second, adjusting and living in Japan was also a challenge, culturally and linguistically there were some difficulties not to mention the social and everyday aspects of life wasn't as easy as I thought it would have been.

Finally and this one was a surprise to myself also, was the change of my role from a mother to a mother and wife again. Not sure if many of my reader are know but my my husband went to Japan first without R and I, to set up and begin his studies (the reason why we are in Japan). And during those months with him gone I only needed to concern myself with looking after my little R, but now 5 months later, reunited, I was once again the doting wife again and it was not about the cooking and cleaning that came with the role that concerned me, but rather the 'chemistry' between a couple. What to say, when to say it, how to say it, what to do, when, how... It felt like our marriage was sudden thrown into blender and everything got mashed up together and it was up to us to once again try to piece together how we 'lived' with each other, and with R.

Anyway I will talk more about these and other interesting life experiences in detail, later, but for now, 'hi again my old friends, it's been too long...'

1 comment:

  1. Hello my dear friend~! Great to see u back here. Keep this up! Xx

    ReplyDelete